Smoked London broil is among the dearest food items of people these days. Therefore it is necessary to add it to our recipes for a better experience. First of all, this recipe does not have a specific name. Therefore you can name it any other recipe as well besides smoked London broil. Here’s what you need to know about this broil.
The reason why we are going to shed light on how to smoke a London broil is the interest of people in this delicious recipe. The old barbecuers say once you have smoked a London broil you will try to prepare this food item several times again. Moreover, we find it very easy and also it is among the simplest recipes you can work on.
Before we start talking about how to smoke a London broil we would like you to know that you won’t need too many ingredients for creating it. You must be wondering about the tools and other things required for its preparation. If this recipe also required a number of ingredients and other things then it would be the same as other recipes.
Its creation required a few important tools that you will find inside your kitchen or home. A beneficial and suitable smoker to smoke London broil. What else you need is to wait until the broil is smoked with excellence. Let’s move on to the ways of smoking a London broil. Here’s the simplest way to smoke London broil.
How To Smoke A London Broil
Before anything else, you will have to create a spice rub that will help you thoroughly while preparing the London broil. After studying the reviews on this mouthwatering recipe, we came to know that if the rub has been made accordingly then you are going to acquire the all time best taste from the broil. Here’s what the rub required,
Ingredients For Spice Rub
- Power Of Onion
- Black Pepper
Once you have assembled all these essential ingredients together, now is the time to use your meat by merging it to the rub. Keep merging the meat with the ingredients for as long as they have not merged perfectly together. After the merging session, now is the time to smoke your meat and here’s how you deal with it.
First of all, you are supposed to smoke this merged meat with the rub at 225F. Now the question here is how do you know if the meat is smoked well or how to stop smoking the meat. The best way is to know the internal temperature of the food. While smoking, when the internal temperature is 125F to 145F, you can stop smoking it.
Smoked London Broil Recipe
The absolute discussion about smoking London broil along with the exact quantity of each of the ingredients is enlightened below. We suggest you study the whole procedure of smoked London broil for a better experience and beneficial results. Stick to the instructions till the end and achieve some great results.
Before we move onto the tips, tricks and quantities of the ingredients you will need to create London broil on the grill or smoker. We would like you to know what is more essential during the procedure of London broil. Some people think that the rub that you create for London broil is more essential, some people are serious about the cooking style and some people want a fresh piece of meat.
Yes, it’s true that everything is important during the preparation of London broil but cooking style is the most important thing among all of them. That is to say, if you have done all other steps perfectly well but you don’t know how to smoke the broil on the smoker, you might lose the taste you deserve.
If the target is to acquire juicy taste from the broil then it is necessary to know the perfect way of smoking. The way of cooking is so important that if your rub is prepared with the simple ingredients only, you still would be able to get what you deserve. Below we are going to put light on the ingredients that are essential and the quantity you need.
- Thick Steak | 1 piece of 3-5 lbs
- Salt | 1/4 cup
- Paprika | Same quantity as salt
- Onion Powder | Same quantity as salt
- Black pepper | Same quantity as salt
- 2-3 Hours
- The first step is the most essential one, heat up your smoker at 225F degrees while using any kind of wood chips. For beneficial results, we would like you to use apple wood for preheating the smoker. Most importantly, if you soak them in water before using them, it would be more interesting and favourable.
- Now is the time to put all the required ingredients inside a big bowl and merge them together.
- In the next step, you need to add the meat to the ingredients as well. Once you have added the meat to the components, now is the time to place the mixture of ingredients to them,eat with your hands. We prefer using hands for mixing them as it is the most serviceable way for merging.
- Smoked London broil will be prepared exceptionally well if you use a smoker to smoke it. Moreover, the London broil smoker is always there to help you as it communicates well with the procedure. It does not mean that you can’t use another smoker. London broil smoker is just a recommended appliance.
- Here is the most important step among all that needs to be done with excellence. The step is to place the merged meat on the smoker which is already preheated. Let it stay there for at least 2 hours of time.
- You don’t need to worry about the duration as it depends on the quality of the smoker you are using and some other tools. The best time to remove the piece of meat from a smoker is when the internal temperature is around 125-145. During the preparation of smoker London broil, it is great if you use a meat thermometer.
- Once you have unplaced the smoked London broil from the smoker after the desired temperature. Cover it inside the aluminium foil as it helps you to get a juicy and tender taste from the meat.
Perform these steps with perfection and as per requirements to get what you deserve. Here are a few tips that will help you for sure throughout you prepare a Traeger London broil.
- Use a suitable and high-quality smoker for smoking London broil.
- While you are merging the meat with the rub of all ingredients, try using your hands as it is more suitable.
- Using a meat thermometer is not a tip but an essential step to perform. As it helps you to know the exact temperature of the food.
- After smoking a London broil, make sure you have access to an aluminium foil to enfold the piece of smoked London broil marinade.
Can I Cook London Broil Like a Brisket?
First of all, the ways of preparing both of these recipes are different from each other. The main reason is that any dish that is prepared with brisket, or rump roast requires slow cooking.
But if you are cooking the dish while using a rib roast that is boneless or a piece from the centre cut, it can be replaced with the brisket. The tip here is to study the whole procedure of preparing both of the cuts to acquire the taste you like.
How Long Does It Take To Smoke Steak At 225?
It usually takes around 50-60 minutes of time but it also depends on the quality of your smoker and the ways of cooking it. In case, your smoker is not that suitable for this process then the time will be different from the predicted one.
Furthermore, the smoked London broil recipe also depends on the way of cooking it. If you are a beginner, smoking broil for the first time or don’t know the exact ways, it might also depend on the duration as well.
What Is The Best Temperature To Cook London Broil?
The most searched question after ‘can you smoke a London Broil’ is which temperature to set while preparing it. The most serviceable temperature for a smoking broil is 400 degrees. Remember it is the temperature for smoking but the internal temperature of the food will decide if the meat is smoked perfectly or not.
When the internal food temperature is 125-145F, you are allowed to unplace the meat from the smoker and enfold it inside the aluminium foil. Moreover, don’t forget to use a meat thermometer as well to know the internal temperature.