You can’t acquire the original and mouth-watering taste from your food items until you don’t grill or cook them with the desired temperature. As we all know different kinds of food items require different temps to get cooked properly.
The hamburger temperature guide is the topic we are going to talk about this time. You will find limitless methods to grill your burger if you follow the guidance about hamburger temperature. This assures you both the safety and delicious taste of your food.
That is why we are here to talk about everything that relates to the burger temperature. Furthermore, we will let you know how you can grill the burger with perfection.
Grilling Burger | Step By Step
- Before anything else, you need to divide the grill into two separate parts. The temperature on both of the parts should be changed. One should obtain a high temperature and the other will have a low temperature at the same time. Most importantly, make it certain to clean the grill with olive oil first before starting grilling.
- This step is an optional one, you are free to use the favorite seasoning on both sides of the burger. Once you are done with it don’t forget to place the pepper and salt on the skin of the burger
- Hamburger temperature is what we need to keep in mind before you start grilling it. The guide says not to put the food item straight to the high-temp part of the grill. As it will provide you with a crusty and hard-to-eat burger. Therefore, the burger temperature should be as per requirements.
- As we can’t place the burger in the high-temperature section, that is why you will have to place the burger on the low-temperature part first. After 3-4 minutes you are allowed to change the grilling area of the burger to a well-done temperature.
- The next step is to stay in touch with the hamburger’s internal temperature. In this case, we recommend using a food thermometer as it will let you know the exact hamburger temperature. You will start checking the medium-well burger temperature from the sides and then slightly enter the middle of the burger.
- In the last step, you have to grill the burger for a little more time after reaching the desired burger temperature. But this time you will have to grill it in the high-temp area and not press the burger. And don’t change the side more than once. You can serve your grilled burger after a few minutes of rest inside your platter.
For your own satisfaction, you can get help from the burger temperature chart. As it will let you know everything about the medium burger temp.
For example, the medium-rare temp should be between 145°F to 160°F. Moreover, it is the desired temperature for medium-well burgers and frees your burger from all kinds of bacteria.
Related Article: DIY smoker projects
Less Pollution While Grilling | Tips
Pollution is amongst the dominating problems while grilling the burger or any other food item. This is how you can easily reduce the chances of pollution while grilling.
- According to the hamburger temperature guide, we need to place the meat cold or at the desired temperature. For example, the temperature for a medium-well burger’s meat should be 40°F or less than that before going to the grill. This should be the temperature of a well-done burger and it assures you the delicious taste of your burger.
- The next tip for medium-well burger temperature is not to prepare the burger on the same part of the grill. In this case, you can use utensils as well.
- To reduce the pollution chances, you should make your hands clean after and before dealing with the burger’s meat. As it is as important as the burger temp.
- You need to repeat the same process with the surface as well on which you prepare your food items. Follow this tip before and after the preparation.
- The foods and their juices are two different things. And the experts prefer using them separately and not together. The hamburger temperature guide provides us with extra safety tips for pollution as well.
Hamburger Temperature Guide
Now is the time to discuss the hamburger temperature guide thoroughly as you have studied everything about the hamburger. We will begin this talk with an essential tip about medium-well burger internal temperature by USDA.
According to USDA, the hamburger’s internal temperature should not be more than 160°F as it will make your burger crusty and hard to eat. Furthermore, this assures us with no remaining bacteria inside our food items. In this case, you can use an internal temperature thermometer to know the exact hamburger internal temperature.
In case you are using ground poultry, the desired and hamburger medium-well temperature should reach 165°F as it is considered safer than any other. Steaks are different things than the burger that is why we change their temperature as well.
Therefore, high temperature is always an option to kill all the bacterias remaining on the skin of the steak. If we discuss the interior of the steak, there are chances of bacterias living in the center. In this case, the internal temp of the food should meet 160°F.
This temp assures you with the death of the bacterias that were distributed in the steak before getting cooked.
We suggest everyone with a meat thermometer if you are wanting to know the exact internal temperature of the food all the time. When the target is to know the medium burger temperature, you can use the thermometer in this case as well.
You will find several thermometers out there that can even guide you with the temperature of the deepest part of the food. This is how you can use the thermometer throughout the grilling session. But before talking about how to use it, we will define the thermometer first.
The food or meat thermometer is a prong-type of device that is capable of checking the internal temp of the food anytime while grilling. The main purpose is to avoid the food crossing the desired temperature as some of the foods have the exact internal temp.
This device helps you in killing all the germs and bacteria inside the food.
How to use a meat thermometer?
- First of all, you need to check if the thermometer is working well or not. The best way to test the thermometer is to put it inside an ice bucket. If it shows the temperature 0, this means it is working well.
- The next step is similar, but this time you will put it inside the food item you are going to grill. To complete the safety precaution, make sure not to check the temp while food is on the grill.
- When the target is to know if the food item is ready to serve or not, but the needle of the thermometer in the middle of the item. Wait for 10 seconds and allow the thermometer to measure the exact internal temp. In case, the food has not reached the targeted temp, you are supposed to continue the grilling session till it meets the exact temp.
How to know when the burger is grilled perfectly?
There are a few signs that will let you know if your burger is grilled properly or need some more time. In this case, we have to follow the hamburger temperature guide completely. And the best way is to create a burger temperature chart for better results.
For example, there are different temp ranges for different results. To grill a burger perfectly the temp is different from the medium well burger. Here are the desired temperatures according to the burger righteousness. Follow the chart for a better experience,
Rare Quality Burger
If you are looking forward to eating a burger made of this quality, you need to cook the burger between 120°F to 125°F. This temp will grill the rare quality burger for you. Most importantly, the burger grilled at this temperature is not good to serve according to the hamburger temperature guide.
Moreover, this is against the safety precautions and for your health as well. Make sure to go through the safety tips before you serve a burger grilled at this temp.
Medium Rare Quality Burger
To serve the burger with this quality, the burger needs to be grilled at 130°F to 135°F. As it is the burger medium well temp, and it can be risky as well. But if you are following the safety precautions properly you are allowed to eat grilled at this temp.
Medium Quality Burger
You won’t find much difference between this type of burger and a medium-rare one. This type of burger should be grilled at 140°F to 145°F. This is the desired and medium-rare temp of the burger. Again we recommend studying the safety and health tips before serving the food.
Medium Well Quality Burger
Burger with this quality can be served without hesitation as it is grilled with the desired temp. You should try grilling this burger at 150°F to 155°F. That is to say, when the internal hamburger medium-well temp is 150°F to 155°F, you are allowed to serve the food.
Well-Done Quality Burger
According to the USDA, these kinds of burgers are safe and grilled very well as well. These kinds of burgers are grilled at the highest temp than any other. The internal temp should reach 160°F to 165°F. When the thermometer shows this number to you, you are allowed to serve the burger without hesitation.
Follow this burger temperature chart before grilling the burger. Moreover, you can create one and place it in front of you while grilling.
What temperature should a burger be cooked to?
For better results, we recommend using a meat thermometer throughout the grilling procedure. If we discuss the desired temperature when the internal temp of the burger is 160°F to 165°F you are ready to serve.
Remember it is the well-done burger temp according to the experts. There are other quality burgers as well you can grill but the burger temp will not be the same. Therefore, you should try getting help from the chart while grilling.
What temperature is a medium-well burger?
Medium-well burger temp should be more than 150°F to 155°F. That is to say, when the internal temp of the burger is 150°F to 155°F, this means you have grilled a burger of medium-well quality.
Most importantly, this kind of burger should be served after studying a few of the safety and health precautions. The grilling temp will change the quality of your burger.
What is the recommended cooking temperature for a raw hamburger patty?
There is a specific internal temp that will assure there are no bacteria and germs left inside the burger. Use a food thermometer to know if the internal temp of the burger has reached 160 °F.
Burgers made with this temperature are considered safe for eating. But remember to use a thermometer and follow the chart as well while grilling burgers.
Is it ok to eat a medium-well hamburger?
A Medium-well burger can be served if you go through the safety and health tips before serving it. If we discuss the temp range there is a 10 degrees temp difference between the well-done quality burger and medium-well quality burger.
155 degrees temperature is also capable of removing the bacterias from the skin of the burger. But if you have to choose one, we recommend you go for the well-done quality burger.